Are you sure want to logout from the system?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Updated for 2023 : Texas Supplemental Peace Officer #1018 (TCOLE)
*New* Online Training Course : Fire Suppression & Life Safety for Corrections Officers #3512, Texas State & Federal Law Update #3188 (TCOLE) and
TCOLE Basic Peace (Police) Officer Examination & Reactivation Test Preparation
* FOR A LIMITED TIME - APPLY 5234-612A-OSSAcademy1018 DURING CHECKOUT FOR 10% OFF OUR SUPPLEMENTAL PEACE OFFICER #1018 COURSE *
This is the entire Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Supplemental Peace Officer #1018 online training course for applicants with licensed police experience in other states, the military, federal service, or former Texas Peace Officers (reactivating their license) to become Texas Peace Officers.
Our course is built around curriculum developed by the Texas Commission
on Law Enforcement, designed to prepare a qualified officer for the
state licensure exam. Each segment of the course is concerned with one
of the major areas of Texas Statute - the Code of Criminal Procedure,
Penal Code, Traffic Code, Alcoholic Beverage Code, Controlled Substances
Act of the Health and Safety Code, and two areas of the Family Code -
Juvenile Issues and Family Violence.
OSS Academy® course includes:
- Free enrollments into online courses: Texas State & Federal Law Update #3183 and Texas State & Federal Law Update #3184 [a $60 value]
- Electronic, downloadable, and printable section study guides
- Self-paced study with exit bookmarks to pick-up where you left off
- No course completion time restrictions
- Printable and downloadable online course completion certificate(s)
- Course completions reported to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Access to review curriculum at anytime (even after completion)
note, the entire course, final exam(s), and course evaluation(s) must
be completed in order to receive one-hundred twenty (120) hours of
Before purchasing this course, OSS Academy® strongly recommends that officers first contact TCOLE directly at 512-936-7700 with specific questions, to develop a clear roadmap, and to confirm if the Supplemental Peace Officer Course #1018 option is even available to you. Additionally, carefully review the TCOLE webpage Out of State Peace Officers - Getting a License if you are an out of state Peace Officer.
Academy® typically reports Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week
[excluding U.S. Federal holidays]. We report your credit directly
through TCLEDDS to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement [TCOLE]. You
should have already provided your full and correct name, TCOLE PID
number, and other important information when registering for your
account. If not, once logged in, go to Edit Profile to update your information.
Should you have any questions, simply contact the OSS Academy® Training
Coordinator by phone at 281-288-9190 (Ext. 205) or online at Contact OSS Academy®.